Field Studies Council, FSC, is an environmental education charity providing informative and enjoyable opportunities for people of all ages and abilities to discover, explore, and understand the environment.
FSC is an independent charity receiving no statutory funding and we therefore rely on fees paid by our visitors and on the generosity of donors, trust funds and grant bodies to finance our activities.
What we believe
FSC believes that the more we know about and take inspiration from the world around us the more we can appreciate its needs and protect its diversity and beauty for future generations.
In all we do, we are committed to:
- First hand experiences. FSC uses the environment to inspire. Taking in its sights, sounds and smells has the ability to motivate people, to shift points of view and to broaden horizons.
- Opportunities for everyone. FSC strives to provide opportunities for everyone regardless of age, ability or background and some of our proudest moments have arrived when trying to help those that would not otherwise benefit from an FSC experience.
- Sustainability. A commitment to the environment is at the heart of everything FSC does but it’s not just the world around us that needs protecting, the charity itself needs to be sustainable to ensure we thrive over another 70 years.
- A caring attitude. From the way we treat the environment, the way we treat our customers and staff to the feel of our locations, despite continued growth FSC maintains a personal approach with great care taken in everything we do.
What we do
Each year over 140,000 people experience FSC, many through our UK wide network of locations.
- Learning outside the classroom experiences with their school, college or university.
- Professional training courses for environmental professionals and teachers.
- Natural history courses.
- Identification guides and free resources.
- Funded projects both in the UK and abroad.
- Art courses.
- Family holidays.
- Campaigns for the right to outdoor learning and fieldwork
FSC is a Limited Company, reg. England and Wales No.412621, and a Charity No.313364 in England and SC039870 in Scotland. Registered Office: Preston Montford, Shrewsbury, Shropshire, SY4 1HW