Phone us on:
020 8502 8500
Other FSC Learning Locations
Brilliant place to volunteer
“It’s great working in an outdoor environment as part of a friendly team that always make me feel valued”. Find out what else our volunteer Michele Gannon has to say about her time at Epping Forest Field Centre and how you can become a volunteer too!
"My previous work experience was as a secretary and volunteering in Epping Forest is certainly different! I've been a volunteer for two and a half years now. My days are varied and sometimes tiring but I know I'm making a difference and that gives me a great sense of achievement" says Michele. Michele's roles at the Centre include preparing new resources and educational material to help support the students learning, equipment repair and refurbishment and supporting the tutors by getting equipment ready, helping to supervise students during activities, and helping to tidy up at the end of the day.
People volunteer at Epping Forest Field Centre for a variety of reasons such as to gain new skills that may assist in getting a new job or to contribute in a positive way to the community. We have a variety of volunteering opportunities:
- Support the tutors as they deliver courses for children, families, school groups or adults.
- Help with administration duties such as data entry, filing, photocopying, answering the phone, and other daily routine tasks.
- Join the Grounds Action Team to maintain the Centre grounds and create many diverse habitats for wildlife.
- Become part of the Marketing Action Team to promote the work of the Centre and the activities that we carry out.
- Support the Events Action Team when they attend local festivals or hold events within our own grounds
The Centre is a very busy place, with over 22,000 learners each year, and therefore we value any time that volunteers spend helping us.
If you would like to become a volunteer at the Centre please visit the website for more details or email [email protected]
Wednesday, October 10, 2012