Phone us on:
020 8502 8500
Other FSC Learning Locations
Encourage your children to get off the sofa and into nature this Easter. With two weeks of school holiday to fill this is a great way to cure boredom!
There are lots of things for children to do at Epping Forest Field Centre this Easter. Here’s a just few options that might be of interest:
- Make an animal mask
- Form a tribe and build a shelter to survive in the forest
- Find and follow the tracks and signs made by the wildlife of Epping Forest
- Make a pirate hat, construct and sail a mini raft, play some games and build a mini shelter.
- Explore the forest in-depth and create your own maps.
- Become an expert on the creatures living in the forest ponds, use microscopes to get up close. Discover how they grow and turn from swimmers to flyers.
- Find out about Dick Turpin and how he lived in Epping Forest. Follow a trail, make a highwayman’s mask and uncover the hidden treasure!
What's it like to have bug eyes?
Searching for minibeasts
Places on the children’s safaris must be reserved in advance. Please ring 02085028500 to make a booking or visit the website .
The Centre team are always surprised when learners attend our courses or birthday parties and tell us that they’ve never heard of us before! We are continually striving to improve our publicity, this has included regular updates on facebook and twitter pages as well as developing traditional methods such as posters and newsletters. It’s clear that we need some help – your help! Please spread the word about the Centre and the activities that we offer. Perhaps you could forward a version of this newsletter to your friends.
Saturday, March 24, 2012