Phone us on:
020 8502 8500
Other FSC Learning Locations
New Year Resolutions
Discover Epping Forest in 2013, get closer to nature and help the wildlife in your school are 3 inspirations for resolutions. Read on to see what other suggestions we have come up with.
1. Book a field trip to Epping Forest Field Centre. Check out our website for information on what courses we offer.
2. Expand your knowledge and skills by booking a place on one of our Natural History and Leisure Learning courses.
3. To keep up to date with all the latest news, and find out about the wildlife sightings and events, become an Associate of Epping Forest Field Centre and like us on Facebook, or follow us on Twitter.
4. Turn your school into a sanctuary for wildlife. Our staff can help by doing a School Grounds Survey and providing you with a Professional Report containing recommendations on enhancing and maintaining biodiversity and for further developments. We can also install ‘Micro Wildlife Habitats' from our developed Green Space Packs.
5. Help the Centre staff by volunteering with us. There are lots of opportunities, from joining the Grounds Action Team to helping with the admin duties. Visit our volunteering page for more details.
6. Encourage your pupils to get closer to nature during the school holidays. We have lots of fun activities for all the family from minibeast hunting to building shelters and natural arts and crafts. Let us know if you would like a poster to display in your school.
7. Book an INSET day with Centre staff. Choose from a range of themes including:
- How to use school grounds and the local area for learning.
- Undertaking risk assessments.
- Linking Learning Outside the Classroom to the Geography and Science Curriculum.
- Inspiration for activities in environment week or science week.
- Learning for Biodiversity.
- Lessons from Nature.
8. Encourage your pupils to take part in wildlife surveys including the Big School Birdwatch (21st January – 1st February), Big Butterfly Count (14th July – 5th August) and Moth Count (8th – 10th August).
Micro Wildlife Habitat
Natural History and Leisure Learning courses for adults
If you would like more details about our range of services please visit the website or email [email protected]
Monday, January 14, 2013