Fieldwork in Urban Areas
FSC is a pioneering charity and through project work has explored new approaches to outdoor learning in the built environment. These web pages bring together resources developed on some of these projects.
- London Outdoor Science aimed to develop the use of fieldwork in KS4 science teaching in London schools by providing practical guidance, training and resources to support teaching in local green spaces, such as parks and commons.
- The Schools in the Parks project supported over 2,700 secondary pupils explore open spaces across South East London and supported environmental educators through an innovative professional development programme.
- DUGSS aimed to create long lasting relationships between schools and their local green spaces.
You can find out more about these projects using the links on the projects page.
Using the resources
The resources are divided into themed sections:
- Teaching resources; modules for teachers and group leaders to download and deliver out of classroom leasrning.
- Teaching Equipment and Methods explaining some of the methods discussed in the modules
- Training resources; resources you can use to train yourself and train others.