Pond Assessment, Creation and Management
- Centre: Preston Montford
- Tutor: Pascale Nicolet
- Dates : Tuesday 21 August to Thursday 23 August
- Level: Intermediate
- This course is part of our Professional Development programme.
- Non-Resident: £235
- Shared Room: £304
- Sole Occupancy: £334
This course has been designed for ecologists and land managers with an interest in the assessment, management and creation of ponds for biodiversity. It will look at standardised methods of assessing ponds and best practice for creating and managing them.
The course will cover:
- An overview of ponds in the UK landscape.
- Pond monitoring in the UK and results of the Countryside Survey.
- Ecological assessment of ponds: standardised methods and their uses.
- An overview of pond plants and invertebrates.
- Introduction to the PSYM assessment method and practical exercise based on local ponds.
- An overview of best practice principles for creating clean water pond and ponds for BAP species with a focus on amphibians and reptiles.
- Pond management and the new risk assessment tool (incl workshop session and scenario).
(Please note: this course will not cover species ID.)
The course will be led by Dr Pascale Nicolet, Senior Freshwater Ecologist with Pond Conservation, Pascale has extensive experience of wetland plant and macroinvertebrate surveys, ecological assessments and pond monitoring.
|Course Information Leaflet|
This course is now historical and therefore no bookings can be taken.
View your basket