Innovative Learning using GIS, ICT and Fieldwork
- Location: Tollymore
- Tutor: Centre Staff
- Date : Saturday 18 November 2017
- Level: Open for Everyone
- NON RESIDENT: £45
This course is now historical and therefore no bookings can be taken. Explore our current programme of courses here
The short course is aimed at secondary Geography teachers, including newly qualified teachers and those still in training, who are interested in learning how to incorporate more GIS into their teaching or who simply want to learn new skills.
By the end of the course participants will have:
- Undertaken fieldwork incorporating GPS units and ICT.
- The basic skills needed to present fieldwork data using Google Earth, GE graph and ESRI ArchGIS.
- An overview of modern GIS practice in industry and the use of android apps.
- An overview of the importance of fieldwork in the curriculum and to student’s geographical understanding.
- Interacted with enthusiastic, like-minded people and gained ideas for possible future CPD.
All courses will be run by experienced Geographers selected from FSC staff, who are knowledgeable Environmental Educators and Field Tutors.
Bookings can be made by telephoning or emailing the Centre. Please book early to ensure your place.
Tel: 028 437 26498
Email: [email protected]
|Full course details|
View your basket