Marine Science Camp
- Location: Flatford Mill
- Tutor: Centre Staff
- Dates: Saturday 24 February 2018 to Sunday 25 February 2018
- Level: Open for Everyone
- Age Range: 16-24
- This course is run in partnership with Marine Biological Association:
- RESIDENT (SHARED ROOM): £120
This course is now historical and therefore no bookings can be taken. Explore our current programme of courses here
An Introduction to Marine Biology
This camp, run in partnership with the Marine Biological Association (MBA), is for young people between 16 and 24 years old who are interested in marine biology and marine science. It will include a field trip to the nearby Suffolk coast as well as lab and classroom sessions. As well as being inspired about the marine environment participants will:
- gain skills in aquatic biology, ecosystem surveys and species identification
- learn about marine conservation in a research environment
- meet working marine scientists
- share their experience with other young people with similar interests.
The fee includes one year’s free Young Marine Biologist (YMB) or student membership of the Marine Biological Association for new and existing members. A limited number of MBA travel bursaries are available for existing MBA student and YMB members at: http://www.mba.ac.uk/research-top-3/awards-grants-and-training#b22
Financial support from the FSC Young Environmentalists Fund may also be available for participants with limited funds. Find out more at: www.field-studies-council.org/young-people
The camp is jointly led by experienced, enthusiastic Centre staff and MBA marine biologists. Current marine biology under-graduates will act as mentors.
This course is now historical and therefore no bookings can be taken. Explore our current programme of courses here.
View your basket