Get Going: Webinar: OCR GCE Biology A (H020/H420) and Biology B (H022/H422): Maths for Biologists
- Location: Online
- Tutor: OCR
- Date : Wednesday 28 February 2018
- Times: 16.00-17.30
- Level: Open for Everyone
All teachers of OCR
Teachers considering OCR
The new AS and A levels in Biology have a mathematical requirement covering 28 different maths skills. These will be assessed as a minimum of 10% across the examinations.
Biology students can be nervous about their mathematical ability and can find it hard to link these maths skills to the biological content. Being an effective modern biologist requires confident and effective use of a range of mathematical tools and techniques. In this course we look at the maths skills required and how these can be taught as a fully-integrated aspect of the new qualifications, with a specific emphasis on statistics in both AS and A Level teaching. A range of real life biological examples will be used to illustrate how maths is an inseparable part of biology.
This course will:
- Heighten teacher awareness of the maths skills
- Provide useful materials to take back to the classroom to improve student confidence
- Identify opportunities for using maths throughout AS and A Level teaching and learning
- Highlight real life examples where use of maths is essential to current research and biological applications
- Give an overview of the expectations of mathematical competence in AS and A Level Biology students.
This online training event is £80.
Please book direct with OCR via: https://www.cpdhub.ocr.org.uk/DesktopDefault.aspx?e=fjefcbdbhgnidcpindncdphpabihkmpcehicklnfcaahofpdee
View your basket