Biology or Science Fieldwork
Our national network of day and residential centres, open all year round with full-time teaching staff, gives us the ability to work with you to meet your biology fieldwork needs.
FSC 'Stepping Stones'in Biology Fieldwork
Our biology fieldwork courses are available at primary, all secondary, A-level and university level. Therefore, they offer the opportunity to build skills, knowledge and understanding in a progressive programme of biology fieldwork, using a variety of contrasting environments across a network of FSC day and residential centres.
KS2/3 Environmental Adventure
- Carrying out a simple biology fieldwork investigation
- Sampling and observations on freshwater animals and plants
- Investigating adaptations, responses to the environment and simple food chains
- Using simple keys.
KS3 Outdoor Science
- Planning and carrying out a simple biology fieldwork investigation
- Use of ICT
- Adaptations to daily and seasonal changes
- Introduction to ecological relationships, food chains and food webs
- Impact of pollution and possible management
- Using keys to major groups.
GCSE How Does Science Work
- Evaluation and critical analysis of self designed biology fieldwork investigation
- Using range of equipment
- Interpreting abundance and relative distribution of plants and animals, including ICT
- Biotic and abiotic factors
- Human impacts and the importance of management and sustainable development
- Using keys to families of plants and animals.
A Level Ecology Programme
- Self designed ecosystems fieldwork investigation using range of sampling techniques and equipment
- Interpreting abundance and relative distribution of plants and animals, and relationships to biotic and abiotic factors, including human impacts
- Applying statistics to multiple data
- Matching Awarding Bodies' requirements for coursework or individual
- investigations, e.g. statistical analysis, diversity indices and population estimates.