Why Choose the FSC?
- Formed in 1943, the FSC has over 65 year's experience of providing field courses.
- Every year the FSC welcomes over 2,500 schools (over 125,000 visitors) to its national network of Centres.
- The FSC has over 5 million visitor contact hours with visitors, each year.
- Over 80% of schools rebook for the following year.
External Recognition of Quality
Health and Safety is Paramount to the FSC
- All our Centres have been awarded the Quality Badge by the Council for Learning Outside the Classroom.
- Our codes of practice exceed the government's and Local Authorities' guidelines.
- A qualified first aider is available at all times of the day and night and all field teachers carry first aid equipment.
- All FSC field sites have been carefully surveyed and fully risk assessed.
- Every FSC Centre has a qualified, full time team of highly trained field teachers.
- Our field teachers spend a combined total of over 15,000 working days delivering fieldwork courses each year.
Fulfil Curriculum Requirements
- All courses are designed to deliver relevant aspects of the National Curriculum by providing powerful learning experiences, located in dramatic and memorable outdoor environments.
- Students are able to focus on specific elements of the curriculum to visualise and put into practice what they have learnt in the classroom, in a real-life setting. This reinforces previous learning to give students the opportunity to better understand the subject matter and may contribute to improved performance in examinations. This is particularly important for those suited to a method of learning which is harder to provide in classroom environment.
- An FSC experience integrates elements of the Cross-curriculum Dimensions, Every Child Matters and Personal, Learning and Thinking Skills.
- Expert tuition by fully trained field teachers, full board accommodation (residential visits), specialist equipment, free places for visiting staff, 24 hour emergency cover, travel and personal insurance, email support before and after the course and exclusive access to specifically developed resources are all included within the fee.
- FSC courses represent good value when you consider what is included within the fee and the potential outcomes of the course, especially if you are prepared to visit in less busy periods.
Help Protect Fieldwork
As a registered charity, the FSC receives no statutory funding. It relies solely on fees charged for courses and membership. Therefore, by visiting an FSC Centre not only are you receiving a high quality educational experience for your students, you are also you are helping to protect fieldwork opportunities for everybody.
"It allows students to gain the maximum tuition, knowledge and understanding possible in that period of time" Sheffield High School
"I would like to thank you for the excellent week our students had under your tuition. I spoke to them yesterday and they all said they had both enjoyed and learnt so much. Their practical assessment tasks have produced very high marks clearly showing this…Your sessions were superb, OFSTED would be grinning from ear to ear if they were observing…This was probably the best week I have had on a field course in the nine years and I have done them at a variety of sites" Charters School
"The controlled assessment grades from our current year 10 are brilliant. Over 80% of the students got A or A*. Thank you so much for your hard work" Bromley High School
"A very successful trip, during which our students increased their confidence and understanding of the topics covered in their A Level studies. This was shown during the trip and on their return to college" Fakenham college
"Absolutely brilliant experience. The students have been very positive about their experience. Extremely high standard of tuition - wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to others" Rawlins Community College
"The pupils all really enjoyed themselves and learnt so much. They have all been extremely enthusiastic about the time they spent there since they've been back" Rawlins Community College
"The paperwork, planning and communication before the trip is always excellent as well and of course the tutors are top notch" Dr Challoner's Grammar School