Have your children ever been to a residential summer camp? No? Then why not make 2020 the year they try it out? FSC Nettlecombe have partnered with The Summer Camps Trust to host a ‘Camp Crusoe’ residential this August.
Most children in the USA, Canada, France or Italy think of their annual week at camp as the best fun of the year. Parents see their confidence, social skills, wellbeing and happiness getting a real boost too.
As well as having plenty of time to chat and make new friends from all over Britain, children who attend Summer Camp can also look forward to great things to do:
- Outdoor activities like archery or canoeing.
- All kinds of games, from ball games to guessing games, and mystery games to party games.
- Stories and singing around the campfire.
- Exploring the local woods and fields…maybe even camping out for a night.
- Treasure hunts and following trails through the woods.
Children aged 9 to 15 from all kinds of schools and all parts of the country will live a happy holiday week together, filled with fun, laughter and friendship, along with a busy programme of great things to do.
My son grew beyond belief as a person. He’s come back and has new friends, skills and confidence. I can’t thank you enough.Parent, TryOut Camp 2019
If you’re over 17, enjoy being active outdoors and are interested in working with children you can apply to work as a volunteer at the summer camps. For more information, please click here.