Tuesday 23rd October 2018
9:30am - 4pm
FSC Bishops Wood, Crossway Green, Stourport-on-Severn, Worcestershire. DY13 9SE
Have you heard of Forest School? Would you like to find out what it is all about? Join our recognised and approved Centre Bishops Wood for a day of practical experiences and discussion based around the Forest School ethos. Take this opportunity to ask an experienced Forest School Leader and Trainer how you could develop Forest School in your setting.
This event will be outdoors for most of the day, please bring a packed lunch, suitable clothing and footwear.
This event will:
- Give you an understanding of the health and well-being benefits of Forest School for your staff and the young people they work with
- Demonstrate some of the rich, learning opportunities a Forest School Programme offers, including transferable life skills
- Be experiential - as we share some of the Forest School 'favourites'
- Explain the relevance of the three levels of qualifications and choose the ones that are best for you and your setting
- Explain the differences and valuable relationship between outdoor learning and Forest School
Our suite of Forest School qualifications provides the knowledge, understanding and skills needed to set up a Forest School site, safely lead a Forest School Programme, and assist a qualified Forest school Leader or volunteer.
- Level 1 Award in Introduction to Forest School Ethos and Principles
- Level 2 Award for Forest School Assistants
- Level 3 Certificate for Forest School Leaders
These qualifications provide a platform of progression to higher levels of study in the same subject area. The Level 3 Certificate in Forest School Programme Leadership will also prepare learners for employment as a Forest School Leader.
For more information, please click here.
To book your place please call Bishops Wood on 01299 250513 or email [email protected]