- Wash kit
- Drinks bottle/flask and sandwich box
- Personal medications
- Warm old clothing for outdoors (not jeans)
- Waterproof jacket and trousers *
- Warm coat for evenings and cooler days.
- Gloves, hat and scarf
- Thick socks
- Wellies *. Strong sensible shoes or boots for walking.
- Indoor shoes
- Sunscreen & sun hat for sunny days
- Day sack
- Field notebook, file paper and graph paper
- Plain paper for computer printer
- Calculator, long ruler (30cm), pens and pencils
- Clipboard (useful but not essential) and a strong, transparent plastic bag large enough to fit over a clipboard and a hand holding a pencil.
- Rubber gloves (washing up gloves) - for river and marine work
- Camera and USB pen (optional)
- Binoculars (if course programme includes Skomer)
All bedding is provided.
*Waterproof jackets, trousers and wellies can be hired from the Centre at the following costs for the duration of your course:
Waterproof jacket - £2
Waterproof trousers - £2
Wellies - £2
£5 for a set (jacket, trousers & wellies)
Wellies in sizes 3-12. Waterproofs in sizes S-XL
We advise that you leave expensive personal items at home as we cannot guarantee their safety. Mobile phones are welcome, but must be turned off during taught sessions.
To print a kit list word version click here