Juniper Halls earliest building goes back to the 17th Century. Sir Cecil Bisshopp acquired Juniper Hall as part of the Fredly Estate. He extended Juniper Hall with an East and West Wing. He never lived at Juniper as he died in 1779. Lady Templetown designed the now Templeton Room during this time. (now a Grade 1 listed)
David Jenkinson bought Juniper Hall and continued building in 1780. Subsequently following his death it was sold to Jonathan Worrell. He died in 1800 and the house was sold to Thomas Broadwood (of the piano making family and made a piano for Beethoven) in 1815. He built Broadwood Tower on the hill opposite Juniper Hall. It was sold to Miss Beardmore in 1825 and then sold to Mr Richardson in 1860. The last private owners were the MacAndrew family from 1882 which resulted in the building taking the form we see now. During World War II Juniper Hall was used by the Canadian military and in 1945 it was sold by Miss MacAndrew to the National Trust and forms part of the Box Hill Estate. In 1946 Juniper Hall was leased to the Council for the Promotion of Field Studies, now the Field Studies Council.