Travelling to Malham Tarn
You need to arrange your own transport to the centre, we can suggest using First Travel.
- First Travel is working in partnership with the Field Studies Council to help reduce the cost of travelling to any FSC Centre, using their coach and rail network.
First Travel Solutions is part of the First Group of companies, the UK’s largest surface passenger transport company carrying 2.7 million passengers each day.
For a quotation ring : 0844 854 2560 or email www.firsttravelsolutions.com
When calling for a quotation please identify your enquiry as an FSC referral in order to receive preferential rates.
Alternatively please contact the centre if you would like contact details of local coach operators.
- Arriving by train, we can provide a free pick up from Giggleswick or Settle station.
- The FSC provides blanket insurance policy for School Transport which is automatically provided to all eligible FSC course participants at no extra cost.
Due to the remote location of Malham Tarn there are access issues when arriving by coach, so it
is essential that you arrange an arrival time with us so we can arrange an appropriate point where we can meet you with Field Centre minibuses, to ferry the bag/group up to the centre. Click here for further details of how to reach Malham Tarn Field Centre.
Travelling to Field Sites
In-course transport at Malham Tarn Field Centre
We make no charge for pick up and drop off on arrival and departure days from the meeting points specified in your booking paperwork. If you need FSC transport during your course, there are two charges depending on the site, free or £9.50 per student, which we hope will make budgeting easier for our customers.
The sites in each of the charging categories will be as follows:
- Free – all sites on Malham Moor (including Streetgate, Watersinks, Ingscar and others) plus Malham village
- £9.50 per student – all other sites
Should you wish to minimise transport costs as well as your carbon footprint we can deliver courses, subject to certain limitations, entirely within the local area, which is free of charge and often within walking distance. If you’d like to find out if this would be appropriate for your group please get in touch and we can discuss options with you.
There is no charge for the hire of wellies, boots and waterproofs. Our stock of items is limited so any students able to bring their own should do so, however those without or who need to borrow something while they are away will not have to pay.
Please see this flyer for more information including a map of the free transport area and if you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact us.