To ensure students get the most out of their time with us, they will spend much of it in the beautiful landscapes that surround our centres. Therefore, it is recommended that each student brings the kit below. To help, waterproof jackets, trousers and wellies can be hired free of charge.
- Indoor shoes/trainers
- Towel (towels are provided for Staff)
- Wash kit (Please do not bring aerosols as these can set off our fire alarm)
- Waterproof clothing *
- Wellingtons *
- Walking boots / outdoor shoes
- Warm clothing (jeans are not good as become cold when wet)
- Gloves, hats and scarves *
- Thick socks (several pairs in case they get wet)
- Lunch box (there is a per day charge for centre provided lunch bags)
- Small Rucksack*
- Drinks bottle **
- Torch **
- Lined file paper, graph paper & folder **
- Pencils, pens, rubbers **
- Field notebook and large plastic bag to cover notes in the field
- Personal medicines (eg. paracetamol, asthma inhalers, hayfever tablets etc)
Bed linen for students is provided within the course fee. Non feather pillows and extra blankets are also provided.
Please note: Centres may add additional items to this kit list for certain activities.
To print a kit list PDF version click here