- To enquire about the availability for a residential field trip please call us on 01548 580466 or email [email protected]
- Or complete the online availability checker/outdoorclassroom/checkavailability.aspx
Making a booking
- Confirm your dates, student numbers and preferred dates by completing the School Booking Reservation Form and emailing us.
- An offer letter and deposit request will be sent.
- Payment of the deposit needs to be received within 14 days of receipt of the offer letter.
- Payment of the deposit will indicate your agreement to our Terms and Conditions and your dates will be secured.
- Please note no booking is secure until a non-refundable deposit has been paid and a reservation form has been received.
What happens next?
- Approximately 8 weeks before course commencement
1. The administration office will contact you for final numbers and gender mix of your group.
2. An experienced member of the Slapton teaching team will contact you to discuss your programme and send you a Pre-Visit Questionnaire if it has not already been completed). The tutors will need to know about numbers, transport, aims and objectives for the course.
- Approximately 6 weeks before course commencement
3. The administration office will send out an invoice for the balance of the course fee (taking into account any deposits paid) based on the numbers declared at 8 weeks and any transport that has been arranged for your course.
- Approximately 4 weeks before course commencement
4. The administration staff will send out a rooming link for the school to assign the students to their room and submit any dietary or medical information.
- At least 7 days before course commencement
5. Payment of the outstanding invoice. Payment needs to be received before the course can start.
If you require a pre-visit inspection, simply contact us to arrange a convenient time.
External Provider Forms
All of our Centres have been awarded the Learning Outside the Classroom Quality Badge, the national accreditation which provides assurance of educational quality and effective risk management and is endorsed by the Outdoor Education Advisers Panel. This should alleviate the need for schools to request completion of provider forms or risk assessment.
A member of the Slapton Ley Education team will be in contact approximately 8 weeks prior to course commencement. If you have any questions before this time please contact the centre directly.
Transportation to the centre and to fieldwork sites is not provided as part of your booking. Transport costs to field sites can be found here. If you require collection from Totnes train station please inform the administration office of arrival and departure times.
Not all field sites need transport, please ask when booking.