Built in 1870 as a village school.
Located in the village of Slapton home to the 1943 rehearsal of the D Day landings
1943 first Americans arrived in Slapton in preparation for WWll
In total 30,000 American troops arrived, 16 million tons of equipment and supplies were delivered to Slapton.
1943 rehearsals for the D Day landings took place with real live ammunition. The villages and surrounding environs were evacuated.
1984 an American tank was recovered from the sea and is now situated at Torcross.