Heavily Subsidised Tree Training Course
The education charity, Field Studies Council, are offering limited heavily subsidised places on a spring tree identification and care training course to people living in 7 coastal towns and cities across the UK.
As part of the Forgotten Places Project, connect with nature and improve your knowledge and skills to plant, protect and promote urban trees – join us to discover your local trees this year!
Discovering Trees in Spring
Our heavily subsidised ‘Discovering Trees in Spring’ 4-week online course is an introductory level course.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand how trees fit into the plant kingdom, the key differences between broadleaf and conifer trees, and the basic structure of a tree
- Understand the basics of tree photosynthesis, life cycles, habitats, niches, and ecosystem services
- Recognise, by key characteristics, some of the most common broadleaf trees found in urban environments
- Understand that ongoing care is required for planted trees and the importance of monitoring tree pests and diseases
- Share this knowledge with friends, family and fellow volunteers/colleagues
Opportunities to attend this course
Mon 27, February 2023 - Mon 10, April 2023
The live webinars will take place on the 6th of March and 27th of March, 17:30-18:15.
Sorry this course is out of stock