Take your first steps into a green career with
the Field Studies Council
This series of engaging and interactive online workshops have been developed and will be delivered by Field Studies Council staff from a range of backgrounds and experiences. During these workshops, you will be introduced to the opportunities within the environmental sector, how to find and apply for jobs and how you can utilise a range of transferable skills.
The sessions will specifically focus on giving those taking their first steps into a green career the knowledge and confidence they need.
- Session 1: Introduction to Careers in the Environmental Sector with Clare Rooney – Engagement and Training Manager
- Session 2: Valuable Volunteering with Lauren Kennedy – Engagement and Training Officer
- Session 3: Applications that Count: CVs and Cover Letters with Clare Rooney – Engagement and Training Manager
- Session 4: Impressing Employers: Interviews and Networking with Philip Turvil – Eco Business Director
- Session 5: Developing Transferable Skills for Environmental Careers with Keiron Brown – BioLinks Project Manager
Sessions will run for a 5-week series on the same day and time each week.
You can choose to attend one, several or all of the webinars depending on what guidance and advice you need. It is recommended that you attend all 5 for a fully submersive and beneficial experience.