FSC Dale Fort is set in a spectacular location high on the cliffs within the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park, giving superb views over the sea. For many visitors staying in a 150 year old historic Fortress is exciting! We are ideally located for bird watching and accessing Skomer Island with its renowned resident sea bird populations, so don’t forget to bring your binoculars on holiday with you!
We have simple, comfortable accommodation mostly in a mixture of twin, triple and family rooms. Toilet and shower facilities are close by. Guests who stay with us can enjoy an à la carte breakfast.
FSC Dale Fort has a quiet lounge for adults equipped with a TV, DVD player. There is a common room for children with pool table, board games, TV and DVD player. Both have and tea and coffee making facilities.
A lawn and decked area has been created for relaxation on the top of the headland for the impressive views. Between the fields are an Iron Age Fort and the site of an ancient village, over 2000 years old.
The centre is a few minutes’ walk away from the Pembrokeshire Coastal Path with access to beautiful beaches and lovely scenery. Dale village, a 15 minute walk from the centre, has a beach, cafe, pub and watersports centre.
- All linen provided.
- A mix of dormitory, twin and single rooms, many with sea views. Maximum room occupancy is six.
- We have two dedicated disabled access bedrooms with en-suite facilities including roll-in showers.
- Individual showers and toilets are on the same corridor as the bedrooms either directly opposite or a few feet away.
- Some rooms have ensuite.
- Towels are provided.
- Fully catered services for all dietary needs available.
- The centre has a large dining room with spacious tables and benches and chairs.
- We have parking for up to 20 cars within the Fort and additional roadside parking.
- Picnic Area
- Outdoor furniture
- Sun Terrace
- There are several outdoor game areas including a field for football, rugby, rounders, etc.
- A lawn and decked area with magnificent sea views.
General / Facilities
- Free, fast Wi-Fi (30Mbps download / 25Mbps upload on average).
- Mobile phone reception.
- Flat screen TV with DVD.
- A shop on site sells sweets, drinks, toiletries, and wildlife identification guides.
- The centre has a licenced bar.
Local towns and tourist attractions
- In the quiet seaside village of Dale
- 14 miles from Haverfordwest, 11 miles from Milford Haven
- Watwick Bay Beach 1 miles
- West Dale Bay Beach 1.5 miles
- Marloes Sand Beach 2.3 miles
- Pembroke Castle is 19 miles away
- The Griffin Inn is 0.8 miles
- Coco’s Brasserie is 0.8 miles
- The Boat House Café is 0.8 miles
Things to know
- Check in: 4pm.
- Check out: 10am.
- No smoking in the buildings but there are designated outside smoking areas.
- No parties.
- No pets.
- Please be aware there may be other groups on site as part of our educational offering.
Keeping you safe
- Social distancing and other Covid-19-related guidelines apply. Due to Covid-19 some amenities may be unavailable.
- We are committed to enhanced cleaning processes. Find out more about our covid procedures.
- Smoke alarms in all buildings.
- Code locks on entrance points.
- First aid stations and First Aid trained staff available.
- Free cancellation for 24 hours.
- After that, cancel before 4 weeks before and get a 50% refund, minus the service fee.