Situated on the magical island of Cumbrae, just off the western shore of mainland Scotland, FSC Millport looks out over the Firth of Clyde and other Clyde Sea islands, including the stunning Isle of Arran. Don’t forget to bring your binoculars as you will have a chance to see seals, porpoise, a wide variety of sea birds and our very own dolphin!
Guests can choose from high-standard single, twin and triple family rooms, all of which are en-suite. Guests who stay with us can enjoy plenty of sea air and excellent home-made meals.
If the weather in Scotland isn’t on your side, then don’t worry; inside we have a common and games room with a TV/DVD, a range of films, a pool table and lots of fun board games. We also have an onsite catch and release aquarium and museum filled with all sorts of interesting artefacts about the history of the centre and amazing marine organisms from the Clyde
The picturesque town of Millport is Scotland’s most accessible island, just an eight-minute ferry crossing from the mainland at Largs and has been a favourite holiday destination for generations. FSC Millport can be reached by public transport in only 1hr 15min from Glasgow Central or Glasgow Airport.
- All linen provided.
- A mix of triple, twin and single rooms.
- All rooms have an en suite.
- Towels are provided.
- Fully catered services for all dietary needs available.
- Our dining room can comfortably welcome up to 90 people. It has a hot drinks corner.
- There is plenty of free parking on site. Reservation not required.
- Our site has large grass areas, plenty of benches and outdoor tables. The centre is on the seafront and surrounded by green areas on all other sides.
General / Facilities
- Free, superfast Broadband Wi-Fi
- Mobile phone reception.
- Flat screen TV with DVD in common room.
- Central heating throughout using locally sourced wood pellets.
- The accommodation was completely refurbished in 2013/4 and made more environmentally friendly, with the installation of a biomass boiler, green roof and sensor lights in all common areas.
- A shop on site sells gifts, sweets, drinks, toiletries, and wildlife publications.
- The centre has a licenced bar serving post dinner drinks (dependent on the group).
- We have limited rooms with disabled access and facilities so please contact us to discuss further.
Local towns and tourist attractions
- Kames Bay – Go swimming or snorkelling in Kames Bay, just a short walk from the Centre. Keep a look out as occasionally you can see a seal swimming by.
- Cycle – Rent bikes from the local shops see if your family can complete the challenge to cycle around the island in a day.
- Cathedral of the Isles and Garrison Museum – Find the smallest cathedral in Europe and explore the lovely little exhibition about the island.
Things to know
- Check in: 4pm.
- Check out: 9am.
- No smoking in the buildings but there is one designated outside smoking area.
- Well behaved pets can be accommodated by prior arrangement.
- Please be aware there may be other groups on site as part of our educational offering.
Keeping you safe
- Social distancing and other Covid-19-related guidelines apply.
- Due to Covid-19 some amenities may be unavailable.
- We are committed to enhanced cleaning processes. Find out more about our covid procedures.
- Smoke alarms in all buildings.
- Code locks on entrance points.
- First aid stations (including a defibrillator) and First Aid trained staff available.
- Free cancellation for 24 hours.
- After that, cancel before 4 weeks before and get a 50% refund, minus the service fee.