FSC Preston Montford, is situated in the heart of Shropshire on the banks of the River Severn with views into Wales and across the Shropshire Hills. Set in a 12-hectare estate through which the River Severn runs with semi-ancient woodland growing on its bank, the estate includes ponds, wildflower meadow, an ancient orchard, and the remains of a walled garden and a bee hotel.
We have simple, comfortable accommodation mostly in a mixture of single, twin and family rooms. All guest rooms at FSC Preston Montford Hostel are equipped with a kettle and most come with a private bathroom fitted with a shower. Guests can enjoy a hot or cold buffet or a vegetarian breakfast.
Set just outside Shrewsbury, within 3.7 miles of Shrewsbury Cathedral and 7.5 miles of Attingham Park, FSC Preston Montford Hostel offers accommodation with a garden and free WiFi throughout the property as well as free private parking for guests who drive.
Easily accessible from the motorway network, the centre is located perfectly for visiting fantastic heritage and walking country ranging from the Long Mynd and Stiperstones in the South Shropshire Hill AONB, to Ironbridge Gorge World Heritage Site, Ludlow, Birmingham and Snowdonia.
- All linen provided.
- A mix of dormitory, twin and single rooms.
- Majority of bedrooms have an en suite.
- Towels are provided.
- Fully catered services for all dietary needs available.
- Dining room which can sit up to 80 people
- Ample parking for cars and access for up to coaches to turn around and park.
- Picnic area.
- Garden area.
General / Facilities
- Free, fast Wi-Fi.
- Mobile phone reception.
- Flat screen TV with DVD. In the lounge area only
- Central heating throughout using wood pellets.
- A shop on site sells gifts, sweets, drinks, toiletries, and wildlife identification guides.
- The centre has a licenced bar serving pre and post dinner drinks (dependent on the group).
- For disabled access we’ve got 2 triple rooms with en-suite facilities on the ground floor, one of which is suitable for wheelchair access.
Local towns and tourist attractions
- 4 miles from Shrewsbury (a medieval town with a train station and many shops, cafés and restaurants).
- 7 miles from Attingham Park (National Trust property with walks, shop and a café).
- 1 mile from Churncote Farm Shop (Farm Shop and Café).
Things to know
- Check in: From 3pm.
- Check out: 10am.
- No smoking in the buildings but there are designated outside smoking areas.
- No parties.
- No pets.
- Please be aware there may be other groups on site as part of our educational offering.
Keeping you safe
- Social distancing and other Covid-19-related guidelines apply. Due to Covid-19 some amenities may be unavailable.
- We are committed to enhanced cleaning processes. Find out more about our covid procedures.
- Smoke alarms in all buildings.
- Code locks on entrance points.
- First aid stations and First Aid trained staff available.
- Free cancellation for 24 hours.
- After that, cancel before 4 weeks before and get a 50% refund, minus the service fee.