Snowdonia’s glaciated valleys, cascading rivers and wooded hillsides provide a rugged backdrop for FSC Rhyd-y-creuau, a historic Georgian country house. The centre is popular with those choosing to explore the mountains and take part in adventurous activities of the Snowdonia National Park which surrounds the centre.
We have simple, comfortable accommodation mostly in a mixture of single, twin, family rooms and large dormitory rooms. Guests who stay with us can enjoy an à la carte breakfast.
There are a range of recreational areas and facilities available for all visitors. Including a games area in the cellar of the main house, with access to DVD players, and TVs as well as a pool table, table tennis and table football. There are two lounges (one with a wood-burning stove) which provide guests with a choice of areas to watch a film from a bank of DVDs or play one of the many board games available for visiting groups. There are hot and cold drink making facilities and alternative areas to sit and relax.
- All linen provided.
- A mix of single, twin, family rooms and large dormitory rooms.
- 19 of our rooms are en-suite, the rest have modern bathroom facilities close by.
- Towels are provided.
- Fully catered services for all dietary needs available.
- Seats up to 96 in the dining room and adjacent conservatory, which has tea and coffee making facilities a fridge and a microwave.
- Space for approximately 25 cars.
- Grounds of 2.2 hectares including a 10 minute well-being walkway, football pitch, woodland, a stream, 2 ponds and a biodiversity garden.
General / Facilities
- Free, fast Wi-Fi (50Mbps download / 25Mbps upload on average) – example, need to update.
- Mobile phone reception.
- Flat screen TV with DVD.
- A shop on site sells gifts, sweets, drinks, toiletries, and wildlife identification guides.
- The centre has a licenced bar serving pre and post dinner drinks (dependent on the group).
- Please contact us to discuss disabled access requirements. One bedroom with en-suite wet room suitable for a wheelchair user.
Local towns and tourist attractions
- Zip World: Home to the longest zip line in Europe and the fastest in the world!
- Coast: Soak up the sun or swim in the sea; take a trip to the coast and see some of the many beautiful beaches in Wales.
- Bounce Below: Giant trampolines, walkways, slides and tunnels all made from netting hidden underground await your arrival.
- Climb Snowdon: Plan your route and walk to the top of the highest mountain in Wales and England.
- Betws-y-coed: Take a trip to the town of Betws-y-coed; gateway to Snowdonia, and explore the local shops and attractions.
- Mountain bike trail centres: Gwydir Mawr and Bach 4 miles/9 mins by car and Penmachno trail centre 5 miles/10 mins.
Things to know
- Check in: 4pm.
- Check out: 10am.
- No smoking in the buildings but there are designated outside smoking areas.
- No parties or large single sex groups.
- No pets.
- Please be aware there may be other groups on site as part of our educational offering.
Keeping you safe
- Social distancing and other Covid-19-related guidelines apply.
- Due to Covid-19 some amenities may be unavailable.
- We are committed to enhanced cleaning processes. Find out more about our covid procedures.
- Smoke alarms in all buildings.
- Code locks on entrance points and bedroom doors.
- First Aid trained staff available.
- Free cancellation for 24 hours.
- After that, cancel before 4 weeks before and get a 50% refund, minus the service fee.