A stone’s throw from the unspoilt and picturesque coastline of South Devon, FSC Slapton Ley is located on the Start Bay coast and surrounded by Slapton Ley National Nature Reserve. The Ley is the largest natural freshwater lake in the South West and separated from the sea by Slapton Sands.
We have simple, comfortable accommodation with a choice of single, twin, triple and family rooms, all of which have en suites. Guests who stay with us can enjoy a traditional cooked breakfast.
The centre has a range of recreational areas. There are several comfortable sitting rooms, one with a TV. There is a games rooms with table tennis and table football. There are also two areas with hot and cold drink making facilities.
The centre is located within landscaped grounds with seating areas, shelters, kitchen garden and wildlife areas. The centre adjoins the 210 hectare National Nature Reserve that includes the 4km long Slapton Sands beach and the largest freshwater lake in the South West.
Slapton Village is a short walk away which provides a range of facilities including a community village shop and two pubs.
- All linen and towels are provided.
- A mix of single, twin, triple and family rooms.
All bedrooms are en suite.
- Fully catered services for all dietary needs available.
- The centre has a large dining area.
- Ample parking is provided
- The Centre is located within landscaped grounds with seating areas, shelters, kitchen garden and wildlife areas.
- The beach is an 8 minute walk from the centre or a 2 minute drive.
General / Facilities
- Free, fast Wi-Fi
- Mobile phone reception.
- Central heating.
- FSC wildlife identification guides, fmaily gifts and drinks bottles are available to buy.
- Two rooms are designed for disabled visitors.
Local towns and tourist attractions
- Slapton Sands: On top of being an extremely picturesque and popular beach, it plays an important part in the survival of some of the UK’s rarest flora and fauna.
- Totnes Castle or Dartmouth Castle: Take a trip to either castle to find out about the history and heritage of these marvellous places.
- Woodlands Leisure Park: The largest family theme park in Devon.
- Beaches: Explore the many beaches around the area including Bantham Beach, Blackpool Sands, Mattiscombe Bay and many more
Things to know
- Check in: 4pm.
- Check out: 10am.
- No smoking in the buildings but there are designated outside smoking areas.
- No parties.
- No pets.
- Please be aware there may be other groups on site as part of our educational offering.
Keeping you safe
- Social distancing and other Covid-19-related guidelines apply.
- Due to Covid-19 some amenities may be unavailable.
- We are committed to enhanced cleaning processes. Find out more about our covid procedures.
- Smoke alarms in all buildings.
- Code locks on entrance points.
- First aid stations (including a defibrillator) and First Aid trained staff available.
- Free cancellation for 24 hours.
- After that, cancel before 4 weeks before and get a 50% refund, minus the service fee.