Wildlife Detectives in Bushy Park
- Location: London
- Tutor: Centre Staff
- Date: Wednesday 25 July 2018
- Times: 11am-3pm
- Level: Open for Everyone
- Age Range: Open to all ages
This course is now historical and therefore no bookings can be taken. Explore our current programme of courses here
Be a wildlife detective and join us for a wildlife identification challenge! Bushy Park is a protected site for its minibeasts but we know relatively little about them. Learn why it’s these little things that matter the most and take part in a range of citizen science activities including insect hunts, investigations and pollinator surveys. This is a great opportunity to learn more about the special minibeasts in Bushy Park. Experts from the FSC BioLinks project will be on hand to help you find and identify species throughout the day.
- Invertebrate Challenge - learn about different invertebrates.
- Minibeast Mask - make a minibeast mask.
- Pollinators - look out for pollinators in the Park, and help us record what we find.
- Spider Safari - go on a hunt and see what you can find.
- River Dipping - investigate our local river & discover the animals that live there.
- Wildlife Spotter - use our new FSC publication and see how much nature and wildlife you can spot.
Complete at least 4 activities and recieve a FSC publications.
No need to register, just turn up! All ages welcome, this event will go ahead whatever the weather!
The event will take place near The Pheasantry Cafe in Bushy Park. Part of London National Park City Week and supported by the FSC BioLinks project
View your basket