Field ID of Harvestmen (WM Region)
- Location: FSC Preston Montford
- Tutor: Nigel Cane-Honeysett
- Date: Sunday 20 October 2019
- Times: 10 am - 4 pm
- Level: Beginners
- Course Fee: £5
There are currently 30 different species of harvestmen (Opiliones) in the UK. Often incorrectly labelled spiders, these harmless arachnids have a wide-range of ecological functions and display an array of fascinating behaviours.
This course will include classroom sessions and practice at identifying live harvestmen in the field or back in the classroom (before releasing them). On this course you will be:
- introduced to harvestmen ecology
- shown how to identify distinctive species and groups
- shown how to look closely at living specimens
- practice identification techniques and learn where to go for help
- introduced to submitting harvestmen records
This course is intended for adults only so it is not suitable for children.
Nigel Cane-Honeysett is a founding member of the Shropshire Spider Group (SSG) and is the British Arachnological Society’s Vice County Recorder for Shropshire and West Midlands Regional Organiser. He manages the database of Spiders and Harvestmen found in Shropshire. He has taken a pivotal role in the development of the SSG, organising many field meetings and nurturing a fledgling group of active recorders. Nigel is also an active member of the British Arachnological Society.
This course is heavily subsidised by the FSC BioLinks Project (funded by the Heritage Fund).
Select the booking option and quantity from the list below and add them to your basket.
View your basket