Learn to Love Spiders (WM Region)
- Location: Wildside Activity Centre, Wolverhampton
- Tutor: Nigel Cane-Honeysett
- Date: Thursday 05 September 2019
- Times: 10 am - 4 pm
- Level: Open for Everyone
- Course fee: £5
If you’re interested in spiders but don’t feel ready for a beginner’s ID workshop, then this day is for you! It’s a day for people who are fascinated by spiders but don’t know where to start with them. It’s a very gentle introduction to the world of spiders and the art (and science!) of telling one kind from another.
- Come and learn about the different types of British spiders and their natural history
- Learn some of their names
- Learn how to tell a few of them apart
- Listen to some fascinating talks from a local spider expert
- Find out what to do if you want to take your interest further
Please note that this is an introductory course and absolutely no experience of spiders is needed – just a passion for nature and learning more about wildlife that is often overlooked. Please note: this course is aimed at adults only and is not suitable for children.
Nigel Cane-Honeysett is a founding member of the Shropshire Spider Group (SSG) and is the British Arachnological Society’s Vice County Recorder for Shropshire and West Midlands Regional Organiser. He manages the database of Spiders and Harvestmen found in Shropshire. He has taken a pivotal role in the development of the SSG, organising many field meetings and nurturing a fledgling group of active recorders.
Nigel is also an active member of the British Arachnological Society.
This course is heavily subsidised by the FSC BioLinks Project (funded by the Heritage Fund).
Select the booking option and quantity from the list below and add them to your basket.
Since the course starts within sixty days, we would ask you to pay the full amount.
View your basket