Why work for FSC?
- We offer a variety of full time/part time permanent/fixed term and seasonal positions
- No late shifts. Finish time 8pm at the latest.
Earn up to £10.22 p/h from April 1st 2020.
FSC Cooks can enjoy a range of additional benefits:
- 28 days holiday, inc bank holidays (this increases with length of service – up to 5 extra days)
- Sick Pay
- Employee Assistance programme
- Life Assurance
- Health Cash Plan
- Free parking
- FSC Workwear
- Training and Development
- We are always happy to talk flexible working!
Skills we are looking for
Our Cooks are key to the centre’s hospitality and catering team, they lead or assist with the quality delivery of service to our incoming groups. Resident visitors are provided with freshly prepared seasonal meals, a hot breakfast, packed lunch and choice of evening meal. We are looking for candidates with the following skills:
- Previous catering experience
- Relevant catering qualification, Level 2 Food Hygiene certificate
- Able to devise and cook meals for up to 160 visitors, including catering for a wide range of diets including vegan, gluten free, vegetarian etc
- Positive and passionate work attitude
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, line managers and customers
We also ask that all our people show a desire to show pride in all aspects of their work as well as having a flexible approach with a willingness to adapt to changes. Our Cooks work throughout the year or core season using initiative and showing competency whilst working both independently and as an effective team member.