We look forward to welcoming you to FSC Blencathra. FSC has worked hard to make our centres covid-secure and we are grateful for your co-operation with our procedures.
We hope that this answers your questions about how your visit to FSC Blencathra will run but please let us know if you have any other questions.
- Arrivals will be asked to wait outside the office on arrival, where an introduction to the centre will be given to include any Covid 19 instructions.
- Designated entrances and exits are being used in all the buildings to avoid different bubbles meeting inside.
- Room capacity maybe reduced dependent on ventilation, layout, etc.
- There will be designated entrances and exits for each building block which will be clearly marked.
- Numbers of people in the room will follow the government guidelines in place at the time of arrival.
- A maximum capacity will be set for each classroom space.
- Classroom space will be allocated according to your group size, teaching bubbles and social distancing guidelines.
- A designated teaching area will be allocated to FSC Staff.
- A seating plan will be used and maintained throughout the course duration.
- Serving of meals will follow government guidelines at time of arrival.
- Mealtimes will be staggered to control numbers in the dining room.
- Tables will be laid out to ensure social distancing can be maintained during mealtimes. This may increase the number of sittings for meals during your stay. Please ensure you adhere to the times you are designated.
- We are operating an enhanced cleaning regime throughout the centre, which includes additional cleaning to high touch points/areas.
- Bedroom bins will be emptied and high touch point areas will be cleaned whilst accommodation is empty, although groups can request for no cleaning at all of bedrooms / accommodation zones during their stay if preferred.
- Each bubble will be allocated its own common room.
- The centre shop and bar will not be open. Essentials like toiletries maybe purchased from reception and for family and university groups wine/beer maybe purchased to be drunk during a seated meal.
- The student pantry will be closed. All group leaders and university students will have tea and coffee facilities within their bedroom.
- Equipment, waterproofs and teaching resources will be cleaned or quarantined between uses by different bubbles.
- Vehicles will be used by one bubble at a time and cleaned between bubbles.
- A maximum capacity will be set for each vehicle.
- Face masks are to be worn in all communal areas in the centre and on vehicles.
We have carefully reviewed our duty arrangements to ensure they are covid-secure, in line with industry standards and clear for FSC staff and customers. We will confirm arrangements with group leaders on arrival but please ask in advance if you have any questions as it may have changed from your previous experience.