We look forward to welcoming you to FSC Malham Tarn. FSC has worked hard to make our centres covid-secure and we are grateful for your co-operation with our procedures.
We hope that this answers your questions about how your visit to FSC Malham Tarn will run but please let us know if you have any other questions.
Please be assured that the safety of our visitors and our own team and community are of paramount importance to us.
- On arrival, one teacher should come to Reception and wait for a member of staff who will give you further instructions.
- The group should wait together until the FSC Tutor has explained where to go.
- We will deliver as much teaching as we can outside.
- Equipment and resources will be cleaned or quarantined between uses by different groups.
- Your group will have a dedicated classroom.
- Classroom space will be allocated according to your group size, teaching bubbles and social distancing guidelines.
- At all times, we will have appropriate ventilation which will include opening windows on occasion, so you should prepare by bringing additional clothing particularly on cold days.
- Wherever possible, your group will be allocated bedrooms in a different building or different corridor from other groups to keep bubbles separate.
- Groups will be allocated different dining rooms, or different mealtimes, to ensure that different groups are not in close proximity. Please try to ensure that you adhere to the times you are given.
- Serving of meals will follow government guidelines at time of arrival.
- Packed lunches will be made in a designated area.
- Subject to space each group will be allocated its own common room, indicated by a sign on the door. In the event of insufficient common rooms, we will facilitate access to a designated classroom for your free time.
- The bar will not normally be open. For family and university groups wine/beer may be purchased to be drunk during a seated meal or in your designated common room in your free time.
- Vehicles will be used by one group at a time.
- Face masks must be worn on FSC vehicles.
- Your group will be allocated toilet facilities.
- We are operating an enhanced cleaning regime throughout the centre, which includes additional cleaning to high touch points/areas.
- Please take a lateral flow test before travelling to the Centre.
- Adhere to social distancing guidelines between your group and FSC staff.
- Wash hands more frequently with soap and water or use hand sanitiser.
- Follow good hygiene if coughing and sneezing.
- Face coverings are to be worn inside throughout the Centre and on FSC vehicles.
We have carefully reviewed our duty arrangements to ensure they are covid-secure, in line with industry standards and clear for FSC staff and customers. We will confirm arrangements with group leaders on arrival but please ask in advance if you have any questions as it may have changed from your previous experience.
Should a student or staff member test positive for Covid 19 whilst on site or during the journey down we will ask for this person to be collected as soon as possible for the safety of your group and our staff.
An isolation room or area will be made available if possible until collection.