We look forward to welcoming you to FSC Slapton Ley. FSC has worked hard to make our centres covid-secure and we are grateful for your co-operation with our procedures.
We hope that this answers your questions about how your visit to FSC Slapton Ley will run but please let us know if you have any other questions.
- Arrivals will be asked to wait outside the office on arrival, where a quick introduction to the centre will be given to include any Covid 19 instructions.
- Dormitory sizes will be 7 or less per room
- Where possible schools will be roomed in blocks
- Lab/classroom space will be allocated to your group.
- A designated teaching area will be allocated to FSC Staff
- Mealtimes will be staggered to control numbers in the dining room.
- Tables will be laid out per school. This may increase the number of sittings for meals during your stay. Please ensure you adhere to the times you are designated.
- There will be a 10-minute gap between sittings to allow our staff to clean down the dining room.
- Packed lunches will be collected from your designated area in the dining room.
Access to areas
- Bedrooms will not be entered during your stay, unless specifically requested.
- Communal areas will be open and accessible to all groups during your stay, to be used at the schools discretion.
- Timings for teaching days may vary to fit with staggered meal times.
We Request That:
- Schools undertake lateral flow tests before travelling.
- Face masks to be worn in communal areas and on FSC vehicles.
Should a student or staff member test positive for Covid 19 whilst on site or during the journey down we will ask for this person to be collected as soon as possible for the safety of your group and our staff.
An isolation room or area will be made available if possible until collection but not for the duration of the field trip.