To ensure you get the most out of your time with FSC, you’ll spend as much of it as possible learning outdoors in the beautiful landscapes surrounding our unique locations.
Come prepared for every weather eventuality, whatever the season!
FSC is committed to being as sustainable and environmentally friendly as possible.
We’re working hard to significantly reduce single use plastics, general and chemical waste. We greatly appreciate your help in this mission and ask that you pack with the environment in mind.
For all visits: Day or Residential
- Suitable Clothing: sensible top, jumper and trousers
- Outdoor footwear: Trainers (or walking boots / wellington boots if you have them)
- Waterproof Coat (and trousers if you have them)
- Small rucksack – for use during the day, suitable for your lunch, personal items and spare clothing
- Stationery for your course – e.g. pens, pencils, notebook, calculator and Clipboard if you have one
- Personal medicines (e.g. paracetamol, asthma inhalers, hayfever tablets etc.)
Depending on the weather / season
Remember conditions can change, so look at the weather forecast and if you are unsure, brig it, just in case.:
- Extra tops: bring layers so you can wear more or less as you need
- Gloves, hat and scarf
- Thick socks
- Sun cream, sun hat and sunglasses
- Insect repellent
For Day visits:
- Lunch and snacks (unless you are told not to bring them)
- Plenty to drinks (cold and/or hot drink)
For overnight / residential stays
- Extra layers and changes of clothes (preferably not jeans which become cold when wet)
- Indoor shoes or trainers
- Wash kit & toiletries
- Lunchbox for packed lunches
- Drinks bottle and/or thermos flask
Most centres can lend you outdoor clothing such as wellingtons, walking boots, waterproof trousers and waterproof coats, subject to limited availability. Bed linen is provided and towels for group leaders/staff. You may be notified of other items specific to your course or location. Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any queries about what you might need to bring.