FSC AS and A level geography fieldwork courses have been developed by our educational advisory team to provide clearly stated outcomes and links to specification requirements. The content can be tailored to meet your needs.
AS Level and A Level Year One
Physical and Human Fieldwork3 day
- Complete the fieldwork requirements for AS level students within physical and human environments.
- Covers all the relevant geographical skills, including comprehensive coverage of the six stage enquiry process, ensuring students are fully prepared for Section B of the Unit 2 exam.
- Offers options in Coastal or Glaciated Landscapes and Changing Places.
Physical and Human Fieldwork5 day
- This comprehensive course covers all the fieldwork requirements needed for the AS course, for Section B of Unit 2.
- It covers all the relevant geographical skills, including comprehensive coverage of the six stage enquiry process, ensuring students are fully prepared for Section B of the Unit 2 exam.
- Options in Coastal or Glaciated Landscapes and Changing Places.
Coursework: Independent Investigation5 day
Complete the four days fieldwork required for A level Unit 5 Independent Investigation, worth 20% of the A level marks.
This is for students who have not done AS fieldwork (and therefore will need to complete some fieldwork training prior to deciding on their research area) OR who would like time to become familiar with the location and surrounding area before independently deciding on their individual investigation.
This course offers investigations on a range of areas within the specification.
Geography Fieldwork Skills3 day
- Prepare students for the A level independent investigation.
- A skill based course designed to showcase a variety of fieldwork data collection methods in two contrasting environments.
- Designed for students who will be collecting independent investigation data back in their local place, after the field course has ended.
- Enable students to begin to develop the skills needed to undertake the Independent Investigation worth 20% of the A Level.
Please note: This course has not been created for students to independently design their investigation, nor to collect their fieldwork data for write up.