All our residential and day centres are able to offer tailored courses for teachers or student teachers in any aspect of outdoor learning or fieldwork delivery for both primary or secondary level and in any subject. Our venues offer:
- High quality field sites - either within walking distance or a short drive away
- Fully risk assessed field sites with prior access agreements
- Well equipped, WiFi enabled classrooms and lecture rooms
- Range of field equipment.
- Fieldwork support and local advice from trained Field Centre staff
Course can range in length from half a day to a week in length and can focus on any of the following:
- Secondary Geography
- Primary Geography
- Secondary Biology and Science
- Primary Science and Environmental Studies
- Forest School Training
- Using ICT in the the Field
In addition FSC offers a set programme of courses for teaching professionals which can be booked by individual participants.
Courses can be completely taught by FSC staff or co-taught with University staff. FSC tutors are able to lead the fieldwork component or to provide specialist lectures. Alternatively you can lead your own course with support provided by FSC staff prior to and during the course. You are entitled to a free pre-visit to help plan your course.
Dr Mark Ward (FSC Higher Education Officer) is available to discuss details and options with you on 01743 852100 or by email [email protected] , or fill in the booking enquiry form below:Booking Enquiry
Sign up here to receive our termly email newsletter, or other relevant communications which give a brief update on FSC Higher Education provision.