Explore different habitats, and discover what lives there. Identify what you have caught using simple classification keys, and discover how they move, breathe, and are adapted to their habitat. Pupils will discover what producers, predators and prey are and recognise that living things can be grouped in a variety of ways.
This course usually runs from 10am – 2.30pm but times can be adjusted to suit your group and travel plans. During your visit you will be welcome to the centre and given an appropriate health and safety briefing. During the day we will undertake a number of activities, games and investigations (the exact activities will depend on the topic chosen). We will break for lunch at a suitable time. Please note that specific activities for your group are subject to change. We go out in all weathers and seasons and will tailor the content of the day accordingly. Some activities are only offered at certain times of the year.
How this course fulfills the specification
Animals, including humans
- Identify and group animals
- Compare movement of different invertebrates
- Understand food chains, identifying producers, predators and prey.
Living things and their habitats
- Recognise that living things can be grouped in a variety of ways.
- Use classification keys to name living things
- Understand camouflage, movement and colour adaptations
- Explain that a variety of animals are found in different habitats because of differences in environmental factors
Added value of this course
- Develop personal skills
- Have fun
- Be inspired by a passion for the subject
- Build friendships