Use maps, stories and games to explore the area. Discover the plants and animals that live here and design and build dens for Barnaby Bear.
This course usually runs from 10am – 2.30pm but times can be adjusted to suit your group and travel plans. During your visit you will be welcome to the centre and given an appropriate health and safety briefing. During the day we will undertake a number of activities, games and investigations (the exact activities will depend on the topic chosen). We will break for lunch at a suitable time. Please note that specific activities for your group are subject to change. We go out in all weathers and seasons and will tailor the content of the day accordingly. Some activities are only offered at certain times of the year.
How this course fulfills the specification
- Understanding and using the 8 points of the compass
- Taking part in map reading
- Planning a route around the map
- Identifying places that may be different from their own locality.
- Use first-hand observational skills to enhance their awareness of the local area.
- Identify seasonal and daily weather patterns and how these change.
Added value of this course
- Develop personal skills
- Have fun
- Be inspired by a passion for the subject
- Build friendships