Identify basic survival needs, explore the area and build a shelter. Follow a trail and search for tracks and signs. A day filled with team building and problem solving activities. (Fire lighting is an option but will be decided on a case by case basis depending on class size, adult:child ratios, group behaviour and centre staff availability).
This course usually runs from 10am – 2.30pm but times can be adjusted to suit your group and travel plans. During your visit you will be welcome to the centre and given an appropriate health and safety briefing. During the day we will undertake a number of activities, games and investigations (the exact activities will depend on the topic chosen). We will break for lunch at a suitable time. Please note that specific activities for your group are subject to change. We go out in all weathers and seasons and will tailor the content of the day accordingly. Some activities are only offered at certain times of the year.
How this course fulfills the specification
- Explore a range of practical survival techniques
- Identify and recognise associated risks
- Identify basic needs and describe/explain the survival triangle
- Observe and analyse the effect of changing designs and make modifications accordingly.
- Develop confidence in own abilities
Added value of this course
- Develop personal skills
- Have fun
- Be inspired by a passion for the subject
- Build friendships