Our Digital Packages will give you the access to digital resources to facilitate a virtual field trip to one of our spectacular field sites, including teacher guidance and some resources to support your delivery of teacher-led introduction and follow up sessions.
Watch our video introduction explaining more and showing examples of the resources included
How this course fulfils the specification
Students will see the spectacular rocky shore on the Isle of Cumbrae. Using these Digital resources students will have the opportunity to describe environmental gradients on the rocky shore, justify sampling strategies and fieldwork methodologies and formulate conclusions linking biotic and abiotic data from this diverse marine habitat.
- AQA: 3.4.5 Species and taxonomy, 3.4.3 Energy and ecosystems, 3.7.4 Populations in ecosystems
- OCR Biology A: Module 1 – Development of practical skills in biology, and Module 4 – Biodiversity, evolution and disease, Module 6 – Genetics, evolution and ecosystems
- Eduqas Biology: Component 1 Energy for lie, Component 2 Continuity for life
- OCR Biology B: Module 1: Development of practical skills in biology, and Module 3: Cell division, development and disease control
- Edexcel Biology A: Topic 4: Biodiversity and Natural resources, and Topic 5: On the wild side
- Edexcel Biology B: Topic 3: Classification and biodiversity
- WJEC Biology: Unit 3 Energy homeostasis and the environment, and Unit 5 Population size and ecosystems
Added value of the course
- Data set from a real-fieldwork environment.
- Teacher Guidance on how to make effective use these digital resources within your classroom to maximise learning for your students.
- Deliver fieldwork skills to match the pace and progression of your students.
If you would like to extend this course we have the following digital Enhancement Modules available:
What’s included in this Digital Rocky Shore Ecology investigation?
- Teacher guidance document and objectives.
- Resources for teacher-led introduction to the fieldwork enquiry.
- Video lesson of fieldwork data collection methods, which can be played in class as many times as you want.
- Student handouts to guide students with their investigation.
- Resources for teacher-led follow up to the enquiry.
- A single user licence and log in for unlimited use in class at one school site. Any number of teachers at the school site can use the resources. Handouts can be downloaded and printed for any number of students at the school site.
If you would like to purchase a user licence for multiple school sites please contact us.