Our Advanced Digital Packages will give you the access to digital resources to facilitate a virtual field trip to one of our spectacular field sites in class. The packages include teacher guidance and some resources to support your delivery of teacher-led introduction and follow up sessions.
Watch our video introduction explaining more and showing examples of the resources included
How this course fulfils the specification
Students will investigate the concept of place within the town of Llandudno, North Wales. They will see techniques which can help to interpret a landscape and broaden scope for an investigation with a human focus. Students will see and critique a range of key methodologies to investigate a human environment. Students will develop an understanding of sample size, sampling strategy and ethical considerations. They will be encouraged to think about how they might adapt methodology design to increase validity for their own investigation.
- AQA: 3.2.2 Changing Places
- EDEXCEL: Topic 4: Shaping Places.
- OCR: Topic 2.1. Changing spaces, Making Places
- EDUQAS: Component 1: Section B: Changing Places
- WJEC: Section A: Changing Places
- AQA: 3.3 Geography Investigation
- Edexcel: Non- examination assessment: Independent investigation
- Eduqas: Component 4: Independent Investigation
- OCR: Component 04/05: Investigative Geography
- WJEC: Unit 5: Independent Investigation
Added value of the course
- Teacher Guidance on how to make effective use these advanced digital resources within your classroom to maximise learning for your students.
- Expert knowledge from FSC’s fieldwork tutors at all stages of the enquiry.
- Deliver fieldwork skills to match the pace and progression of your students.
- Data set from a real-fieldwork location for the development of presentation and analysis skills in context. This should not be used as primary data for the individual investigation.
Why go Advanced?
As well as the guidance and fieldwork video available in the digital packages, the advanced digital packages offer a chance for teachers to really utilise the expertise of FSC tutors to embed the fieldwork in the student’s learning.
Advanced digital provides an additional suite of pre-recorded interactive introduction and follow up video lessons to ensure that you can complete the whole virtual field trip in class. With a handout to run alongside we can cover topic content and/or investigation set up in the introduction as well as analysis skills, conclusions, and evaluation of the study in the follow up.
By opting for the advanced digital level you are buying time to focus on supporting your students and differentiating to their specific needs, instead of delivering the introduction and follow up yourself, which you would need to do in the digital package.
If you would like to extend this course we have the following digital Enhancement Modules available:
What’s included in this Advanced Digital Place Fieldwork Skills?
- Teacher guidance document and objectives.
- Video Lesson -Introduction to location and background theory.
- Video lesson of fieldwork.
- Video Lesson Follow-Up (data presentation, analysis, conclusions, and evaluation).
All videos can be played in class as many times as you want.
- Student workbook to help students with key tasks and activities.
- A single user licence and log in for unlimited use in class at one school site. Any number of teachers at the school site can use the resources. Handouts can be downloaded and printed for any number of students at the school site.
If you would like to purchase a user licence for multiple school sites please contact us.