Learn about and experience the incredible variety of birds here at Slapton Ley National Nature Reserve. From warblers to greater crested grebes, starlings to egrets there’s an incredible variety to be enjoyed for those new to bird watching, or those with more experience. There will also be opportunity to hear about how the site is managed for bird conservation, and some of the challenges and successes. Foldout guides can be borrowed during the walk and can be purchased at the end.
Sorry, no dogs are allowed on this course.
Tutor: Field Studies Council Staff
Courses are led by experienced Field Studies Council staff.
- Identification guides (to borrow)
- Some small binoculars available to borrow – first come first served.
Before You Attend
What to bring
- Binoculars if you have them.
- We will be outside so please dress appropriately for the weather.
- Expect to be walking on uneven terrain, sometimes on small unsurfaced (and muddy) paths.