Develop the skills you need to undertake your qualifying Bronze Expedition. Over two days you’ll learn practical outdoor and survival skills, which you can then put into practice on your qualifying expedition. Topics include:
- Countryside code
- Navigation techniques
- Stove cooking
- Safe drinking water
- Map and compass use
- First aid
- Kit discussion
Our D of E Expeditions are a great way to make new friends, grow your knowledge and skills and help you to complete the Bronze D of E.
This practice expedition can be followed by the qualifying expedition at the same centre, which is the ideal way to complete the expedition element using your skills and knowledge of the location.
You can take part as a non-resident where you travel home and return the next day, or we can provide accommodation in suitably shared rooms based on the current government guidance.
Our centres are operated in a fully Covid-secure way. Always check with your D of E Leader before booking.
Bookings must be made by over 18’s. If you are booking for a young person please ensure you enter their name and age in the Order Notes box at the checkout.
Tutor: FSC Staff
Courses are lead by experienced FSC staff.
Morning: Arrive 09.00 icebreakers, 20 conditions, previous experiences, kit and packing, cook lunch on stoves
Afternoon: Map and compass intro, route planning, navigation techniques. Non residents depart 5.00pm
Evening: Residents. Camping in tent on site, camp craft and cooking own meal, night navigation
All day: Practice walk- navigation techniques, emergency scenarios, countryside code. Depart 17.30
Accrediting AgencyDuke of Edinburgh Award
- Comprehensive training
Covering all aspects of the DofE syllabus and delivered by our highly experienced and qualified staff.
- Supervision by Highly Qualified staff
Our highly experienced instructor team will be supervising you throughout the expedition. All of our staff are a minimum of Summer Mountain Leader qualified.
- Use of the best group equipment available
- Stove, pans and fuel (1 per person)
- First aid kit (1 per team)
- Maps and Compass (1 per person)
- Water Purification tablets
- Food is provided on this practice to give you ideas for the qualifying expedition where you have to bring your own.
Before You Attend
You will need to arrange:
- Your own transport to and from the expedition venue. Participants are encouraged to follow the current social distancing guidelines when considering how to travel.
- Your personal clothing and some expedition equipment.