Our enhancement modules will give you access to digital resources to facilitate an extension of skills to augment the fieldwork experience accessed either through our digital, advanced digital, blended or outreach packages.
Student access from home
All our Digital products now include access for individual students from home within the course cost.
We have waived our usual fee for this add-on to support schools during the current lockdown.
This extra access for students will be added to your packages within approximately a week of purchase. Please bear with us as it is a manual process and we are currently experiencing high demand.
How this course fulfils the specification
Students will be introduced to various big data sets and GIS presentation skills that will be useful in broadening their understanding of ecological concepts as well as deepening their critical evaluation skills. Students will then practice these skills with unfamiliar data and new contexts to improve their skills and confidence in answering exam style questions and drawing conclusions. Students will also be introduced to national data sets and how this can help make synoptic links and form the basis for research skills.
- AQA –MS 1.3, P.S 1.2, P.S 2.3, AT I, Topic 3.7.4
- EDEXCEL A – A.1.3, Practical technique 12, solve problems set in/apply knowledge to practical contexts. Topic 5.
- EDEXCEL B – A.1.3, Practical technique 12, solve problems set in/apply knowledge to practical contexts. 10.1, 10.3.
- OCR – CPAC 5, M1.3, HSW1, HSW2, HSW5, HSW9, 6.3.1
- EDUQAS / WJEC – HSW1, HSW2, HSW5, HSW9, Maths: Handling data, practical technique 12, 5c, 5i,5j.
- IB Biology / ESS – C1, C2, interpret frequency data
- SQA – Numeracy: 2.3, Thinking 5.3, 5.4, organisms and evolution.
Added value of the course
- Teacher Guidance on how to make effective use these digital resources within your classroom to maximise learning for your students.
- Deliver analysis skills to match the pace and progression of your students.
- Access to large data sets owned by FSC and GIS StoryMap to help engage and improve biology skills in technology.
What’s included in this Enhancement Module resource?
- Teacher guidance document and objectives.
- Video lesson of the enhancement module which can be played in class as many times as you want.
- GIS StoryMap.
- Handout to run alongside the video.
- A single user licence and log in for unlimited use in class at one school site. Any number of teachers at the school site can use the resources. Handouts can be downloaded and printed for any number of students at the school site.
If you would like to purchase a user licence for multiple school sites please contact us.