Our enhancement modules will give you access to digital resources to facilitate an extension of skills to augment the fieldwork experience accessed either through our digital, advanced digital, blended or outreach packages.
How this course fulfils the specification
Students will be introduced to various GIS skills using rich data sources to identify patterns and link to key geographical concepts. Using unfamiliar data and contexts, students will broaden their understanding and skills in presenting and interrogating data, to see how they might support and illuminate their own fieldwork data with GIS. This will allow them to Interpret, analyse and evaluate data from a variety of different sources to build the NEA skills toolkit
- AQA – 3.3 Geography Fieldwork Investigation, 3.4.1 Qualitative skills and quantitative skills, 220.127.116.11 ICT Skills
- EDEXCEL – Non-examination assessment: Independent Investigation, Geographical Skills 2 Quantitative data
- OCR – Non-exam assessment- Investigative geography (H481/04, 05), 4 Geographical Skills 4.2 Geo-spatial data
- EDUQAS / WJEC – Component 4 Independent Investigation, Geographical skills
Added value of the course
- Teacher Guidance on how to make effective use these digital resources within your classroom to maximise learning for your students.
- Deliver analysis skills to match the pace and progression of your students.
- Utilise expert knowledge in using GIS to present, interpret and manipulate layers of data.
What’s included in this Enhancement Module resource?
- Teacher guidance document and objectives.
- Video lesson of the enhancement module which can be played in class as many times as you want.
- GIS StoryMap.
- Handout to run alongside the video.
- A single user licence and log in for unlimited use in class at one school site. Any number of teachers at the school site can use the resources. Handouts can be downloaded and printed for any number of students at the school site.
If you would like to purchase a user licence for multiple school sites please contact us.