Epping Forest Young Naturalists is aimed at 11–14 year-olds with an interest in ecology.
The group will provide practical experience and conservation skills by taking an active involvement in promoting and protecting nature and gain first-hand experience of practical conservation and wildlife surveying.
They will meet like-minded people in their community and improve their confidence and well-being spending time outdoors. There will also be a focus on understanding local and global conservation issues and how they, as individuals and as a group, can contribute to wildlife conservation.
Tutor: Field Studies Council Staff
Courses are led by experienced Field Studies Council staff.
Before You Attend
- For aspiring Young Naturalists age 11-14 years
- Bring appropriate clothing and footwear for being outside.
- Activities are subject to change, depending on the weather.
- Epping Forest Young Ecologist courses are open to aspiring young ecologists from the London Boroughs of Newham, Redbridge and Waltham Forest.
- These activities take place in Wanstead Park, meeting point The Temple.