Join us as we explore Epping Forest and discover more about the nature and wildlife that lives here.
Learn how to use a map and easy to identify features to find your way on tracks, paths and in easy countryside. Learn to use a compass to make sure you go the right way. Ideal for complete beginners or those looking to improve navigation skills.
Tutor: James BromheadJames Bromhead is FSC London Region Assistant Education Team Leader based at Epping Forest Field Centre and has a wealth of experience teaching groups of all ages and abilities freshwater ecology courses as well as delivering a variety of surveying sessions for the Centre.
FSC want to inspire people to be curious, caring, and passionate about our environment. Our Explore nature and wildlife experiences are open to anyone. The mix of activities will inspire you to find out more about and discover how you can help wildlife on your doorstep. To take part you do not need any experience or any expensive kit, just an enthusiasm for being outside and discovering more about nature. Experts leaders and are happy to share their enthusiasm and encourage you to ask questions.
Before You Attend
What to bring
- Bring a Map of the local area and Compass (if you have them)
- Bring a packed lunch and additional drinks
- Bring a bag to carry personal items whilst outside
- Wear suitable clothing and footwear for the weather and being based outside for some or all of the day
- When outside, expect to be walking through easy terrain, sometimes on small unsurfaced (and muddy) paths.
Sorry this course has ended