It may be cold outside but wrap up warm and discover nature in winter! While the frost is on the ground, what do the animals do? What happens to the trees and how does nature survive the cold weather?
- Explorers activities are for families with children age 5 years – 11 years.
- Children under 12 months are welcome if accompanying a paying sibling
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Bring appropriate clothing and footwear for being outside.
- Activities are subject to change, depending on the weather.
Tutor: Field Studies Council Staff
Courses are led by experienced Field Studies Council staff.
FSC want to inspire people to be curious, caring and passionate about our environment. Our family activities are designed to do just that. Led by FSC staff, they are based outdoors, and explore the natural world. The sessions are a mix of games and activities that will inspire you to find out more and discover how you can help wildlife on your doorstep. To take part you do not need any experience or any expensive kit, just an enthusiasm for being outside and discovering nature.
The event takes place in Wanstead Park E12 5 London.
This event is supported by grant funding from City of London Corporation’s ‘Enjoying Green Spaces and the Natural Environment’ strand of the Central Grants Programme. Find out more about this project.
Sorry this course has ended