Splash about in streams, wander through woodlands and explore new places to discover the fantastic variety of wildlife which thrives in our countryside. Get up close with nature!
From pond dipping, moth trapping to bird box building, our Safari Leaders will help you find, identify and explore the lives of creatures great and small. All the family will be amazed at what is out there!
You will have one day free so that you and your family can get off the beaten track and explore. Ask your Safari Leader on the best places to visit in the area!
For a full list of activities, see our timetable below. Our activities are most suitable for children aged 6 – 12 however younger and older children are welcome to join in. Children should be accompanied by a guardian on all activities.
All of our family activities are scheduled to take place outside, in line with the current government guidelines. If bad weather means that we are unable to carry out the outdoor activities, indoor activities will be available for families to take part in individually.
Tutor: Adventure Leaders
This experience will be led by our experienced and enthusiastic adventure leaders.
We have received the ‘Good to Go’ mark in recognition of following government and industry COVID-19 guidelines, ensuring processes are in place to maintain cleanliness and aid social/physical distancing.
Find out about our book with confidence scheme and how we will be keeping you safe.
All activities are subject to change, due to weather conditions at the time.
- Arrive and welcome
- Wildlife Orientated Team Games -Test out your communication skills and teamwork as you compete in a variety of wildlife themed family team games. Who will be the winner!
- Local Nature Spot - National Nature Reserve walk with tracks and signs of wildlife
- Nature Night Walk - An evening stroll around the grounds looking for signs of night-time wildlife. Find out what it’s like to be a bat and hopefully hear some different species of bats using a bat detector.
- Orienteering - Are you good at using treasure maps? Build your skills to see if you can solve the clues and find your way around. You never know what you may find!
- Bushcraft Afternoon - Learn new survival skills in the woods! We will be cooking our evening meal on the fires we build and eating out in the wild.
- Free Day - Get off the beaten track and explore with your family. Ask your safari leader for more information!
- Big Day Out with a coastal walk
- Mammals and Moths - Have a go at setting up humane mammal and moth traps ready for us to see what has visited us in the morning.
- Mammals and Moths - Discover what has been out at night in our centre grounds by opening up our small mammal and moth traps. Learn how traps are used for scientific monitoring and what happens with the data collected.
- Conservation activity - To keep our centre nature friendly, we regularly take part in conservation activities such as coppicing and building bat boxes!
- Free evening
Before You Attend
What to bring
- Waterproof coat
- Comfortable shoes
- Lunch box
- Water bottle
- Sun cream
- Sun hat
- Please bring plenty of extra layers and spare clothes, you never know what the weather will be like!