Our Digital Packages will give you the access to digital resources to facilitate a virtual field trip to one of our spectacular field sites, including teacher guidance and some resources to support your delivery of teacher-led introduction and follow up sessions.
Student access from home
All our Digital products now include access for individual students from home within the course cost.
We have waived our usual fee for this add-on to support schools during the current lockdown.
This extra access for students will be added to your packages within approximately a week of purchase. Please bear with us as it is a manual process and we are currently experiencing high demand.
Watch our video introduction explaining more and showing examples of the resources included
How this course fulfils the specification
Students will see an upland river landscape, with opportunities to discuss the physical processes which have created this landscape and see how these have formed distinctive landforms. They will also consider how physical and human processes have worked together to create this landscape, and how human activities affect the natural environment.
The digital fieldwork focuses on the development of enquiry skills throughout the investigation process, and suggested work prior or following this session lends itself to enabling students to practise geographical skills such as map skills, graphical skills, cartographical skills and numerical skills
Please note: At present this Digital Fieldwork Enquiry does not fulfil the GCSE fieldwork requirements.
- AQA: 220.127.116.11 River landscapes in the UK; 3.4 Geographical skills.
- Edexcel A: Topic 1: the changing landscapes of the UK; Topic 7: Geographical Investigations- fieldwork.
- Edexcel B: Topic 4: The UK’s Evolving Physical Landscape; Topic 6: Geographical Investigations.
- Eduqas A: Core Theme 1: Landscapes and Physical Processes; Component 3: Applied Fieldwork Enquiry.
- Eduqas B: Theme 2: Changing Environments; Key Idea 2.2: Shaping the landscape – rivers and river management; Component 3: Applied Fieldwork Enquiry.
- OCR A: 1.1 Landscapes of the UK; Geographical Skills
- OCR B: Topic 3 – Distinctive Landscapes; 2d – Geographical Skills including Fieldwork.
- WJEC: Core Theme 1: LANDSCAPES AND PHYSICAL PROCESSES; Unit 3: Fieldwork Enquiry
Added value of the course
- Data set from a real-fieldwork environment.
- Teacher Guidance on how to effective use these digital resources within your classroom to maximise learning for your students.
- Deliver fieldwork skills to match the pace and progression of your students.
- Opportunity to revisit the digital fieldwork resources during revision.
If you would like to extend this course we have the following digital Enhancement Module available:
What’s included in this Digital Rivers Enquiry?
- Teacher guidance document and objectives.
- Resources for teacher-led introduction to the fieldwork enquiry.
- Video lesson of fieldwork data collection methods which can be played in class as many times as you want.
- Student workbook to help students with key tasks and activities from each stage of the geographical enquiry.
- Resources for teacher-led follow up to the enquiry.
- A single user licence and log in for unlimited use in class at one school site. Any number of teachers at the school site can use the resources. Handouts can be downloaded and printed for any number of students at the school site.
If you would like to purchase a user licence for multiple school sites please contact us.